Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bordem Chart

A week into summer when my son announced in these exact words,


I knew it was going to be a long summer. I didn't have the slightest idea of what I was going to do for them the all summer long. I didn't want them watching TV all day and you can only go to the park so many times. I wanted to make everyday a little fun.
The solution to my problem.....
COOL SUMMER FUN!
I made this little ice cream calender for them. I saw this idea somewhere online and loved it. In every cone pocket there is a little something special that we are doing on that day. Sometimes its simple. Sometimes its not so simple. It could be anything from a craft to a field trip to an experiment to cooking etc..... They get so excited everyday to see what we are doing. I love it.
Some of the fun so far has included making their own batch of Kool-aid playdough. We also have made Birdseed Cookies. The list really could go on and on. Lets hope this keeps them busy!
We have done so much. I love this thing. Its been funny how the kids don't let me forget about the our daily ice cream cone adventure.

"I'm officially bored"

No comments:

Post a Comment