Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pinkalicious Birthday Party

It all started with this book. Pinkalicious! This is one of Bear's favorite books. Its actually really cute and little girls love it. This year for her birthday she wanted to have a tea party but wanted it to be a "Pinkalicious Tea Party." So the planning began...

 For those of you who don't know Pinkalicious is all about a little girl that eats pink cupcakes and turns pink. Having said that the most important thing  Bear wanted was PINK PINK PINK. I think I might have taken this a little too literal. Read on and you will find out.The invitation to the Pinkalicious Party. Of course PINK.

The tea party was outside in the backyard. I made a PINK Banner for her with her name on it. She loved it!
The birthday girl chair. We actually use this chair cover every year for her birthday. It worked out this year that it was PINK and had PINK cupcakes on it. Perfect!
The table scape.


With a little fabric and heat-n-bond I made this table runner. My daughter liked it too. The cupcakes looked way cuter in person.
The place setting. I did these flower napkins for for my friends bridal shower and my daughter wanted me to do them for her too. Every little girl had a special place setting with her name on it.

The PINK flowers.
Now for the Pinkalicious Party food. This is where I went a little overboard but I thought it worked out spectacular. I know some of you may think I went a little crazy but hey it was a Pinkalicious Party.
Pink Rice
Pink Popcorn
PINK Strawberry Cream Cheese and Jelly sandwiches.
PINK hummus with pita slices. The hummus was beets and white beans. So yummy. I might have to make this again. This was probably the only healthy food at the party
PINK fruit dip. Made pink with jello powder. No I didn't use food coloring for everything.
PINK Pasta. Okay yes I did use a little food coloring for this.
PINK deviled eggs. I soaked the cooked egg whites in beet juice. Another somewhat healthy food.
Even the tea was PINK. I made PINK chia tea.
The Pinkalicious cake.
Me and my girl in our PINK dresses. I just wore this dress in a wedding and my daughter wanted me to wear it to her party but she also asked me to make her a twin dress. This I have to admit was a little embarrassing when parents came and dropped off their kids. But it was my daughter's idea and I went along with it. At least I got a second use out of this dress.
I'm not one of those moms that likes to do games at parties. If the kids want me too I'll do it but since my daughter doesn't really like them it works out great! We usually end up doing a craft at her parties. This year we made Shrink-dink tea pot magnets. This was a big hit with the Pinkalicious girls.Loriella blowing out her candles. I love that Luke is trying to help her out in the backround.

Instead of party bags I decided to do favors this year. I rolled up PINK paper into these cones. They were filled with PINK marshmallows that I had dipped in chocolate and then pink sprinkles to look like the cupcakes from the Pinkalicious book. I also tied a little PINK tea bag on the side of it.




I think this was probably one of my favorite parties that I have done for my daughter. It was so girly and perfect for her.

Total cost of this party was $113

No comments:

Post a Comment